Most people know that it’s important to brush your teeth every day, but thealso recommends that you visit the dentist for teeth cleanings on a regular basis. Our dentists want to help you keep your teeth in top shape through regular dental checkups.
Why Are Teeth Cleanings Important?
While it’s important to brush and floss your teeth every day, a professional teeth cleaning can remove built-up plaque and tartar that you might miss. A teeth cleaning appointment is also an opportunity for our dentists to check in with you about your oral health and examine your mouth for signs of cavities or other oral health issues.
What to Expect During Teeth Cleanings
A professional teeth cleaning includes a few different steps:
- At the front desk, we’ll confirm your insurance and contact information.
- Our dental hygienist will examine your teeth and gums.
- Next, we’ll gently scrape away any plaque and tartar that has built up on your teeth.
- We’ll brush your teeth with a high-powered electric toothbrush and give them a good flossing.
- One of our dentists will perform a full oral examination of your teeth and gums. They may also take if needed.
After your teeth have been cleaned, you’ll have a chance to talk through your oral health goals with our team or ask about any cosmetic dental procedures you might be interested in. You’ll have the opportunity to schedule a follow-up appointment if needed. Otherwise, we’ll see you back in 6 months for your next teeth cleaning!
Schedule Your Next Teeth Cleaning With Us
If you’re due for your next teeth cleaning, call our dental practice today. Our family dentists in Novi, MI, will check for abnormalities and give your teeth a thorough clean. Give our office a call at (248) 347-3700 to make an appointment.